OutdoorActive’s “Trails” and Nordic-walking based group fitness programs are designed to move you towards a healthier, fitter body, with a variety of outdoor activities.
Our programs are geared towards women 40+, but individuals of any age and gender are welcome. We offer up to four levels of classes depending on the season, designed for basic to intermediate exercisers. In our classes you can expect to:
- Get active in the fresh air with a friendly and supportive group;
- Gently and gradually build muscular strength and cardio endurance;
- Improve posture, flexibility, balance and agility;
- Strengthen core muscles and joints;
- Enjoy a varied workout in a relaxed, playful, and down-to-earth atmosphere.
- Classes are 60-90 minutes long.
- We spend most of our time outdoors in parks and green spaces. When weather is inclement, we may spend some time indoors.
- Classes include:
-> warm-up to build flexibility & agility;
-> cardio-based activities that build your heart-health;
-> many classes include advanced Nordic walking technique work;
-> safe and effective muscle-building and joint-strengthening exercises;
-> additional balance, agility, flexibility & posture work;
-> extensive stretching at the end of every class.
No two sessions are the same!!
- We offer a “drop-in” option for all classes except HRM classes.
For more details on our popular Wilderness Trails classes, click here.
The OutdoorActive FUN Philosophy:
* We believe that exercise should feel good and make you happy.
* This is not a boot camp: Your performance will never be timed, measured or compared.
* New students are often surprised at how much they laugh and enjoy themselves!