OutdoorActive’s “Trails” and Nordic-walking based group fitness programs are designed to make you feel healthier and happier, with a variety of outdoor activities.
Our programs are geared towards women 40+, but individuals of any gender and any age are welcome. We offer gentler in-town classes and slightly more demanding “wilderness” classes. In our classes you can expect to:
- Get active in the fresh air with a friendly and supportive group;
- Gently and gradually build muscular strength and cardio endurance;
- Improve posture, flexibility, balance and agility;
- Strengthen core muscles and joints;
- Enjoy a varied workout in a relaxed, playful, and down-to-earth atmosphere.
- Classes are 90 minutes long.
- We spend most of our time outdoors in parks and green spaces. When weather is inclement, we may spend some time indoors.
- Classes include:
-> warm-up to build flexibility & agility;
-> cardio-based activities that build your heart-health;
-> many classes include advanced Nordic walking technique work;
-> safe and effective muscle-building and joint-strengthening exercises;
-> additional balance, agility, flexibility & posture work;
-> extensive stretching at the end of every class.
No two sessions are the same!!
- We offer a “drop-in” option if you prefer not to pay in advance.
For more details on our popular Wilderness Trails classes, click here.
The OutdoorActive FUN Philosophy:
* We believe that exercise should feel good and make you happy.
* This is not a boot camp: Your performance will never be timed, measured or compared.
* New students are often surprised at how much they laugh and enjoy themselves!