We also offer hiking outings in wilderness areas near Halifax.
Click here to see current hike offerings in our schedule..
How does it work?
– We travel to a different near-wilderness location each week (carpooling may be available).
– Our outings are typically 1.5-3 hours, depending on location.
– These outings are relaxed in pace. We strive to respect and appreciate nature – we practice low-impact hiking and take time to stop and appreciate the natural wonders we observe.
– We generally stop for a snack or lunch break.
– Children sometimes join the hike.
– Dogs are not generally permitted on our hikes.
Who is this class for?
– Participants need to be in moderately good shape – they must move smoothly and confidently over rugged terrain.
– The trails are rugged, and not recommended for those with knee, hip or ankle issues.
– Participants must have suitable footwear and clothing – you can talk to the instructor for recommendations if you are not sure.
– Participants should embrace the group ethos of our respectful and relaxed outings. These are not high-speed marches across the wilderness.
- Participants must be pre-screened before taking part in our wilderness classes. We ask you to come to at least one in-town class (no charge) so we can assess your fitness level.